Do you have so much CD's, Zipdisks or floppy's that it takes hours to find a specific file?
Disk Catalog is a free Windows program that can help. With diskcat you can create
catalogs of all disks where Windows assigned a drive letter to.When you need a file from one
of your disks you only need diskcat to locate it. It's a matter of seconds instead of hours.
Forget the comercial and shareware programs. Diskcat is all you need!
- Diskcat has efficient data storage. The catalog from my harddisk with 21156 files and
1006 directories is only 578 KB. An average CD with 6000 files is only 225 KB.
- One of the nicest options of Diskcat is that it stores the contents of a Zip-archive in
the catalog too!
- Diskcat searches with full wildcard support. You can use d??kc?t.*, di*t.exe and diskcat.e?e.
- Multi language support!
- Add descriptions to the files in the catalog.
- Extracts information for different file types.
- Create your own plugins for extracting information from files! An example is included in the Plugin SDK archive.
- View allocated bytes in the tree.
Give it a try and you'll love it!